Tuesday, January 26, 2021

This pandemic had been hard on everyone, but this week we had some light at the end of the tunnel. Our area has finally got the pandemic a little bit under control, so the kids can go back to school. Exciting! They've been out of school since last March. It's January. Oh, they went back to school for a couple weeks in September, but that was over quickly enough. Now, however, things are looking up.

So now I will have 2 less people in the house all day every day. My sister is still not back to working in the office and my retired mother will still be home, but it's a start. With the kids returning to school, I can start diagramming what my week will look like. Last week I'd made the decision to return to nonfiction, and I still intend to do that. It's quick and easy and a little annoying but a good way to make some money. But fiction is my first love.

Still, can't dive too deep too quickly. Fiction doesn't work that way, at least for me.  I need to ease back into it. I had wanted to return to my Fallen Romance series, but that takes a little more time, a little more research, a little more attention. So I'm turning back to romantic fiction. Historical romance, actually. That's always a fun genre to write and there's quite the market for it. 

My idea for right now is still simple. I'll flesh it out later. Just a girl, running away from home, and getting into more trouble than she rightfully should. Formulaic, I know. But it works. It works well enough that I'm certain to find it a home as soon as it's written. How long will that take? Anyone's guess, really. But it's somewhere to start and it should be fun to write. 

And I won't have the kids home 24 hours a day to interrupt me. Monday, here I come!