Monday, May 18, 2015

Poems: Before You Fall

Another poem I wrote when I was a teenager, this one after a friend of mine attempted suicide twice. Luckily, she made it through and today we're the best of friends.

I know you've thought of it before,
But always you've found a thing to live for.
I know your pain right now seems endless,
But you are loved and surely not friendless.
 
Come back from the edge, please do not stay,
I promise you now it will all be okay.
But this thing you're doing, it cannot be fixed.
Just give it a chance, don't stand there transfixed.
 
Before you fall, let me share one thing,
And perhaps my words can still give you wings.
I tell you right now, we all still do care.
If we didn't, why would we despair?
 
You must come away, for you are our friend,
And how will we feel if our hope should end?
Your life can be anything, it's just what you make it,
So listen to me, and please do not take it.